Due to the change in governmental guidelines regarding working on-site and social interactions, we have unfortunately taken the decision to cancel all planned group rides. If you already registered you will receive a separate email.
We hope to offer this opportunity later on in the academic year – join our mailing list to stay informed.
With the transition into the 'new normal', and the beginning to return to work on-site, look out for our brilliant new campaign aiming to increase cycling for daily commuting, helping to ‘build back better’ by reducing car usage, pollution and carbon footprint.
We aim to equip staff members with the skills, confidence and infrastructure needed to become cycle commuters.
Whether you are concerned about cycling through traffic, you think you are not fit enough, you had a try and it didn’t work out, or if you have any other concerns - we will try to address your concerns. We want to help improve your safety and confidence when cycling and create a community of individuals making the ultimate travel choice and supporting each other while doing so.
- E-bike trial riding throughout the month.
- Our ongoing individual bike safety training – suitable for beginners as well as more experienced cyclists who want to gain more confidence on the road. Free for University staff and students. Follow the links for more information and to register.
- Join our Strava group to give and receive peer support, share routes and meet other riders to commute together to or from the same location.
- We offer a ‘hotline’ to report gaps in infrastructure. If your University building needs a bike pump, more parking spaces, ‘bike doctor’ visits, etc., email us here.
- For recommended walking and cycling routes – take a look at the Cyclox map showing all the on-road and traffic free cycle routes in Oxford. Feel free to share your route on our Strava group or on social media, tagging us @OxfordEnvSust.
- Most important of all – we invite you to take part. Ride as much or as little as you feel like, write, talk, take pictures, encourage, support, invite your friends, challenge yourself and be safe! Share you experiences on social media using the hashtags #OxfordEnvSust, #OxCycleSeptember, #CycleHacks, #OxCycle and #CycleSelfie.
Visit our pop-up stand for more information (and some freebies)
- 22 September – University offices – 10:00-14:00
- 24 September – Old Road Campus. The Innovation Building
- 29 September – University Club