There is an 8% discount for stations between Reading and Oxford, and a 5% discount for stations between Banbury and Oxford. There is no discount for stations between Worcester and Oxford, nor for stations beyond Reading.
The discount is only available on annual rail season tickets to Oxford when purchased at Oxford rail station. Staff purchasing an annual ticket via this scheme can also save a third off the price on many journeys at weekends, Bank Holidays, or after 09:30 on weekdays (terms and conditions apply).
How to apply
- Visit the ticket office at Oxford rail station and ask for the University discounted price for the annual rail ticket you require combined with any further charter discount you may be eligible to receive if you are renewing.
- Complete the University Season Ticket Loan Scheme application form ensuring that the cheque is made payable to Great Western Railway for the correct amount and pass to your Departmental Administrator.
- Payroll will raise a cheque and return it to you. When you have received your University cheque visit Oxford rail station to purchase your ticket.
- Remember to take the following with you:
- your University cheque
- your rail photocard (or passport sized photo if you do not already have one)
- your existing pass. This is only required if you are renewing an existing pass and are entitled to a charter discount, which will be reflected in the amount of your University cheque.
The scheme also offers an interest-free season ticket loan, which you can pay back monthly via deductions from your salary.
Take a look at the season ticket loan page for more information.